• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

EATALY- Torino

divina

WOW. finally got to EATALY in Torino. Located right near the Lingotto where Slow Food - Salone del Gusto is held every other year, in the old Carpano factory.

A true temple to food... sort of a IKEA of food, huge layout, tons of high quality pantry food as well as fresh stands, butchers, fish mongers, veggies , gelato etc.

The amazing thing really is that there are small Bistro dining area's all over featuring the fish, meat, veggies etc.

Great prices for the freshly cooked food. high quality.

From their site, lookd like they are opening in New York and Genova soon!

First Grom ( also from Torino!) now EATALY!

look at America and bring your credit card!

notes from my blog

had a lovely meal at the Tre Galline!

I was just thinking again about what I didn't taste at EATALY and wanted to.

There is also REstaurant GUIDO running a dinner restaurant and a wine bsar, the beer area had a fabulous grill, I saw a fabulous side of smoked pork, and turned out it was the special of the day.. grilled.

I didn't taste the ice cream!!!!

way too much food and not enough time.

PS Milano is also getting one!

way too much food and not enough time.

Okay, so obviously I have been living under a rock having never even heard of this place! Does anyone know about the educational events? Chef's demonstrations or classes?

I'll be in Torino at the end of next week.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Visiting Eataly was a highlight particularly for its showcase of Italian products all in one place.

The best part however, was the gelateria inside, which, like more and more places is serving Slow Food Presidia flavors. The Pistacchio from Bronte was unbelievable!

• 2 months later...