• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Farm Fresh Honky Tonk

StanSherman

We have this great guy who helps out with our hens. Eddie likes to go and spend his paycheck at a honky tonk bar near the farm on Fridays. We thought it would be fun to have “Eddie” night on the farm.

We’ll get his favorite beer and make farm goodies like the bar has

Pickled farm eggs

Homemade pork rinds

I’ve got a couple of trotters in the freezer so we could do pickled pigs feet.

We have a pool table we can set-up in the barn and the kids can do the music.

We are going to charge him for everything just like the bar and then give it all back to him on Sunday when he’s broke as usual.

I’ve never eaten the stuff behind the bar before or I can’t remember, so any help you can give would be appreciated in making this a fun night.

Based on the foods you noted above, some sort of jerky would fit into the menu maybe. Highly spiced to induce thirst.

I hope you are also planning on including a large battered jukebox, enough drunk guys to start a fight, and some good-quality floozys in the decor. :smile:

Ah, erm.. rest rooms? :hmmm: (Please see lyrics to "I'm Gonna Hire A Wino (to Decorate Our Home) a very real country song from very long ago!) :rolleyes:

"Commit random acts of senseless kindness"

drink beer and wine out of mason jars and eat peanuts and toss peanut shells on the ground/floor..where ever actually... for ambiance .. ..oh wait that is where I go :raz:

why am I always at the bottom and why is everything so high? 

why must there be so little me and so much sky?

Piglet 

I second the peanut idea. Most of the bars around here would just serve them in the in the shell. Everything needs to be really spicy or salty, so you sell more beer. :raz:

Preach not to others what they should eat, but eat as becomes you and be silent. Epicetus

Amanda Newton

Ah, erm.. rest rooms? :hmmm: (Please see lyrics to "I'm Gonna Hire A Wino (to Decorate Our Home) a very real country song from very long ago!) :rolleyes:

Here are the lyrics.

SB (seems to me, about all you need to know is in this song :laugh: )

PS: Except it's Hamms bear/beer. :wink:

SB (is "from the Land of Sky Blue Waters")

Edited by srhcb (log)

Here are the lyrics.

SB (seems to me, about all you need to know is in this song :laugh: )

PS: Except it's Hamms bear/beer. :wink:

SB (is "from the Land of Sky Blue Waters")

Thanks so much for the link! I went looking, but COULD NOT, for the life of me, remember who sang the song! :blush::raz:

"Commit random acts of senseless kindness"