• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Gross-Out Cakes

I could show you how to drape a melty Tootsie Roll, ends tapered just so, over the side of a plastic pan for free.

Someone in my building made a kitty litter cake a few years back during a company cook out. It looked really good (bad?)! It was in a plastic tub with the poop scooper and the whole deal.

NOBODY touched it! It was kind of sad really, all that effort wasted! Because I'm sure it was good, but who wants to pretend to eat cat crap?

You would definitely need to have the right audience or event for such a dessert. My nephew ( 10 yrs old ) would be the first in line to get some. My wife loves hosting halloween parties, that might be a good place for a blood clot cake. But I can see your point that it could be a lot of work for nothing if nobody ate it. I suspect I'd get my money's worth just from reading it. Maybe I have a ten year old brain in a much older body :unsure: