• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Rum places to visit

JPH712

If you find AH Riise, there are a number of other liquor stores in the vicinity. Pusser's near AH Riise is also a must stop for a shot at the tasting table near the east door.

But I also make a point to check out Pueblo just up the hill from the cruise ship dock. Actually I check there first for whatever I'm looking for. If you have the time and are looking for cases of Cruzan, KMart a couple more blocks to the north of Pueblo has good prices but not the best selection.

I've found Barcelo Imperial at Pueblo in the past but there are others including Barbancourt five star, their eight year old.

As for St John, bring what you are planning to drink as the selection isn't as good and you'll pay for not bringing enough rum.

Hotel 1829 has a good rum bar if you are there in the afternoon. But the bar is usually closed until after noon.

Edward Hamilton

Ministry of Rum.com

The Complete Guide to Rum

When I dream up a better job, I'll take it.