• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Wedding Hall (bring own caterer) in No./Cent.NJ?

Casey

My sister in law finally got engaged. She doesn't want a traditional, froo froo young brides wedding. We found a fabulous caterer, but now need to find a very nice club or hall in north or central NJ that will allow you to bring in your own caterer. I know this is slightly off topic, but I'm hoping one of the worldly posters on this forum might have an idea!

Oh, and my husband and I are going to Stage House Inn on Sunday--I'll definitely give a report.

Casey

Liberty Science Center requires you to use their in-house caterer, we checked it out during our wedding planning. It is an interesting location though.

There are some beautiful mansions all over the state that require you to bring your own caterer. I remember looking at a couple in the Morristown area. Rosie is right, the caterer should have a list of locations they know allow you to bring your own caterer, as not all places you think would, do (many have exclusive relationships with caterers). Here's a link to New Jersey Bride with some interesting locations that allow you to bring your own caterer.