• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Heading to Nashville this fall....

Lan4Dawg

I know we have had several discussions about Nashville food, &c but things have changed up there so often and recently I thought about asking for new information. Is Capitol Grill any good since Sean Brock left? We enjoyed it years ago (long before he got there) and then were disappointed on a return visit (shortly before he arrived on the scene). A lot of the old stand bys are now out of business. We will, of course, hit Monell's on Sunday before leaving and try to swing by Prince's Chicken Shack at some point but where should we go for our "nice" dinner on Friday evening?

in loving memory of Mr. Squirt (1998-2004)--

the best cat ever.

You might want to consider Radius10, The Watermark or Tayst (the chef or owner posts here occasionally). I haven't gone to any of them, but i've heard good things.

While not as $$$ as CG, i've never had a bad meal at The Acorn, Cabana or Germantown Cafe.

IIRC, all of the restaurants listed above have websites.

is this trip coinciding with georgia/vandy game?

You might want to consider Radius10, The Watermark or Tayst (the chef or owner posts here occasionally). I haven't gone to any of them, but i've heard good things.

While not as $$$ as CG, i've never had a bad meal at The Acorn, Cabana or Germantown Cafe.

IIRC, all of the restaurants listed above have websites.

is this trip coinciding with georgia/vandy game?

Ain't no "coinciding" about it! ":^)

Thanks for the info. I remember some folks a while back talking about Tayst and that is the direction we will probably go unless some one has better ideas.

the best cat ever.

• 2 weeks later...
well, i'm going to try and do a better job of finding your setup this year. unless i happen to find a job out of state (being unemployed sucks), i should still be here.

plans are to be at the elementary school just up the street fr/ the stadium as we were a couple of years back.

as for restaurants in Nashville: I have had a few folks tell me that Flyte is spectacular and we are considering that for our Friday night out. Any thoughts?

the best cat ever.

Unfortunately, I do not have any info on it. I can, however, ask around. Based on the menu, I don't see much I would want to order...maybe just the pork loin.

If there's anything else that opens up between now and then that I hear about, I'll let you know. We haven't been going out much lately, so I'm out of the loop.

My husband and I ate at Flyte in June and loved it. The menu was quite varied and it changes weekly (or daily...can't remember which). What we particularly enjoyed about this restaurant was that it was more of a dining experience in that we felt no pressure to hurry our dinner along. They weren't trying to turn the tables. There is a "room" by the kitchen similar to a chef's table where we sat. There were 4 tables in the area and they had it separated from the main dining area with curtains. You'll need to make reservations.

Karen