• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Eat this, not that

prasantrin

I was going through some old emails, and found a quiz, Eat This Not That. You choose which foods would be a more healthful option (though in some cases, it's just about choosing the lesser of two evils). Very interesting, especially when they show you the calories, fat, and sodium for some of the foods. Who knew a Whopper with cheese had so many more calories than a Quarter Pounder with cheese???

Not bad - I got 395 and 8/11. Some of it was just guessing based on the amount of meat or serving size.

Kathy

Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all. - Harriet Van Horne

• 3 weeks later...

My lack of familiarity with fast food -- which I don't eat all that often -- shows:

On fast food, I got 4/11, 200 points.

On breakfast and dinner, I got 9/11, 390, for each.

Sandy Smith, Exile on Oxford Circle, Philadelphia

"95% of success in life is showing up." --Woody Allen

My foodblogs: 1 | 2 | 3