• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Leavenworth dining

I'm sure this has come up before, but a search of the site isn't turning up more. Headed to Leavenworth this weekend and looking for tips on good places to dine. No, not a big fan of German food, but when in Rome...

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

I am so sorry I have been there a few times for conferences and we had one horrible local meal after another ..we keep trying and we kept failing ..I hope someone does find you a good meal I would be interested to know what we missed there ...

the German food was in my opinion pretty overpriced and horrible ...the service was nice everywhere but it is touristy so it should be friendly!

Edited by hummingbirdkiss (log)
why am I always at the bottom and why is everything so high? 

why must there be so little me and so much sky?

Piglet 

Yeah, we've tried quite a few of the places in town, and nothing really sticks out. The place we used to go that was at least decent is long gone. So we usually just stick to the sausages and a pink-frosted gingerbread cookie!

Last time we were there (about a year ago), there was a little outdoor cafe that looked interesting, but we didn't try it. It was on the road in town with all the street parking--I think a block south of the main street. Can't remember much about it though, sorry.

Usually, we're just looking to enjoy a little sun on a rainy day in Seattle, so we escape over there, and either pop up to the rooftop dining at Gustav's, or grab a sausage at that walk up stand near the fudge factory, and walk down to the park.

Edited to add: It is not really a fudge factory, I guess, just the place that sells fudge near the public restrooms.

Edited by beauxbrie (log)
"Let food be your medicine and medicine be your food." -- Hippocrates

Thanks all. I too have had bad luck in past trips to Leavenworth. I have been to the cheesemonger's shop and that's a good idea. Supposedly there's also a crepe place now that's a decent alternative. But, chocolate and sausages are a good idea.

I'm sure this has come up before, but a search of the site isn't turning up more. Headed to Leavenworth this weekend and looking for tips on good places to dine. No, not a big fan of German food, but when in Rome...

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Eating in Leavenworth!

Bread and water comes to mind. :wacko: