• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

NoJer Deli meats?

Gustibus

anyone know of any deli's in northern Jersey in the Edgewater, Ft. Lee area? im not talking the whole foods or pathmark selection, and not italian either; I'm looking for a deli in the german/eastern european vein, which is probably closer to a butcher than a delicatessen. something that might have good wursten is a plus. Im familiar with some in new york, but suggestions from there are welcome, too.

I know none of these are that close

Piast on River Drive in Garfeild

Stefan and Sons in Botany Village in Clifton

International on RiverDr(St) in Fairlawn

All three of these are excellent delis/butchers that make alot of their own CC.

I'm a NYC expat. Since coming to the darkside, as many of my freinds have said, I've found that most good things in NYC are made in NJ.

The 2 standouts in this category in Bergen County are:

Swiss Pork Store, Fair Lawn and

Karl Ehmer in Hillsdale. 

You will love either of these.

oh how right you were. the blutwurst was phenomenal. and the knockwurst was a knock out. ha. haaaaa. i kill me.

i ate one with some mustard and the rye bread and threw the rest in a pea soup. fantastisch.

so, karl ehmer is also worth a visit?