• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

freezer pops

lovebenton0

it's hot, or at least it's summer. freezer pops are my quickie answer to i want ice cream or a cold stick of ice in my mouth. fruit juices are always good, plenty of variety and ultimately easy. but my fav pop currently is equal portions of strong coffee and evap milk, touch of vanilla, sweetened to taste and spiked with a bit of cinnamon or cocoa powder. chai tea is also fantastic, or any tea you like, creamed or not, with mint or ginger, etc., thrown in.

if you don't have freezer pop forms check out your local grocery store. i got mine for $2, way cheaper than the tupper pops many of had growing up.

do you freezer pop? what's your favorite?

Judith Love

North of the 30th parallel

One woman very courteously approached me in a grocery store, saying, "Excuse me, but I must ask why you've brought your dog into the store." I told her that Grace is a service dog.... "Excuse me, but you told me that your dog is allowed in the store because she's a service dog. Is she Army or Navy?" Terry Thistlewaite

Fruit juice mixed with knox gelatin, for small kids. This reduces the drip factor. I started doing this 30 years ago when I was babysitting.

The coffee pops sound delicious.

"You dont know everything in the world! You just know how to read!" -an ah-hah! moment for 6-yr old Miss O.

Kids (even little ones that can read the number 2 on a measuring cup, and hoist a 1/2 gallon of milk, can make them with Jello instant pudding. Hanging head in shame, I'll admit that they have greatly increased the number of flavours, and they have that creaminess that people of my age remember well.

Susan Fahning aka "snowangel"

You smoke meat in the snow, what's to be ashamed of?

I'm just surprised you dont have a recipe for smokepops.

"You dont know everything in the world! You just know how to read!" -an ah-hah! moment for 6-yr old Miss O.

I have the molds and I have Thai tea, so I'd like to do Thai tea pops. I'm wondering if I can just freeze Thai tea or whether I need to make the mix stronger/sweeter since the freezing process dulls flavors sometimes.

Pichet Ong has a recipe for Vietnamese coffee pops in his dessert book.