• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Keeping ahead of Zucchini....

zoe b

On 7/27/2016 at 3:26 PM, ElainaA said:

the best zucchini bread I have ever tasted

My favorite is a lemon zucchini bread; light in color, fresh tasting, almost a cake.

@cyalexa  This is quite different, I think. Very rich. Lots of nuts and flavor from the applesauce. I love it.

DSC01465.jpg

• Like 9

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need. Cicero

But the library must contain cookbooks. Elaina

3 minutes ago, cyalexa said:

@ElainaA   that topping looks great

Thanks ! It is.  Equal amounts of flour, brown sugar, walnuts  and oatmeal mixed with melted butter. Put on after the bread has been baking 15 minutes.

Edited by ElainaA (log)
  • Like 1

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need. Cicero

But the library must contain cookbooks. Elaina

• 11 months later...

Time to bump this thread up.

I recently made an A16 recipe using raw zucchini.  Slice them thinly and salt lightly.  Ten minutes later wash and dry the slices.  Toss slices in olive oil and lemon juice.  Arrange on a platter.  Grind lots of black pepper over slices.  Chop up some green olives and sprinkle over slices then finally shave lots of Romano cheese over the dish.  I served this on my salad buffet at our annual pig roast and people loved it.

• Like 3

Made this today.  It used zucchini, leeks and basil all from the garden and all in over supply.  It was very nice but I added another big handful of basil right into the blender for extra basil.  Served it with some chopped cooked shrimp on top.  http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2017/06/easy-zucchini-basil-soup-recipe.html

• Like 4