• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Aurore-Capucine

We were on our way to dinner at Spring when we passed a shop that may as well had magnets in its window. I skidded to a halt, checked my watch, saw that we had several minutes and went shopping! My sweet tooth has been subsiding, and I consider myself fairly inured to ordinary patisseries but this place looked far from ordinary. The cakes were fantasies with decorations that looked like they were spun by fairies. No kidding! But what caught my attention were large 15cm sables in vivid color, perfumed with rose, violette or verveine, or sweet-savory ones scented with rosemary or thyme. And large heart-shaped chocolate sables. I bought one of each across the board. I have never seen the kinds of creations that this tiny storefront offered. Another shopper said that the shop was famous in the quarter. I'll make time to return, and next time I'll take zip-loc baggies so that I can isolate and protect the singular flavors.

Aurore-Capucine

3, rue de Rochechouart 9e

metro: Cadet

Tuesday through Saturday

11h30 to 20h

eGullet member #80.