• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Looking for Lunch in Minneapolis

baroness

I'll be back in my native land shortly to attend a class, then a conference at the Hyatt on the Nicollet Mall. Lunches are on me Monday 7/23 through Wednesday.

What's good and relatively fast-service in the area?

I don't do meats or mayo, love spicy and unusual.

Any reviews of Hell's Kitchen???

Thanks so much! :biggrin:

Hell's Kitchen is wonderful in my opinion for bfast ... haven't been there for lunch. I believe they do use sauces quite a bit, though, which may be a 'mayo' type issue for you. This would be a hike from the Hyatt, as it's "north" on Hennepin, over Washington, on (bascially) the corner of 3rd NORTH and Washington (across from the Monte Carlo, down the street from the Hyatt), but I strongly recommend Moose and Sadie's for bfast and/or lunch. It used to be a coffee house, now has been rehabbed into a marvelous light, organic, but not "too-too" place for excellent coffee and amazing food. The chef is from a noted cafe in So. Minnie ... and her food is truly amazing. Last week the offererings ranged from their usual pizzas to a Nori and brown rice/spinach lunch plate. Great!

For typical bfast food, I'm wondering if there is still a Key's on Nicollet?

For lunch, Masa on Nicollet is wonderful, fairly high-test but recognizable Mexican ... great flair!

Have fun going native!

-B

Life is too big to be lived small. —Fortune Cookie

Hell's Kitchen is wonderful in my opinion for bfast ... haven't been there for lunch. I believe they do use sauces quite a bit, though, which may be a 'mayo' type issue for you. This would be a hike from the Hyatt, as it's "north" on Hennepin, over Washington, on (bascially) the corner of 3rd NORTH and Washington (across from the Monte Carlo, down the street from the Hyatt), but I strongly recommend Moose and Sadie's for bfast and/or lunch. It used to be a coffee house, now has been rehabbed into a marvelous light, organic, but not "too-too" place for excellent coffee and amazing food. The chef is from a noted cafe in So. Minnie ... and her food is truly amazing. Last week the offererings ranged from their usual pizzas to a Nori and brown rice/spinach lunch plate. Great!

For typical bfast food, I'm wondering if there is still a Key's on Nicollet?

For lunch, Masa on Nicollet is wonderful, fairly high-test but recognizable Mexican ... great flair!

Have fun going native!

-B

I don't mind a hike, but I'm not sure the class break will be long. Maybe I can get to HK for breakfast one day.

Where is Moose and Sadie's?? Sounds really good!

I usually eat Northeast (love POP! :wub: ) or in St. Paul when I'm in town, but haven't spent time downtown for years....

Alisond -

The Dakota and Saffron sound *great* as well - I may run out of days before I run out of places to eat!