• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

How shady is too shady?

PurpleDingo99

"OHMYGOD Hummingbirdkiss!!!! You like posole and Menudo???? I'm in love

Come to me my love....we will make such sweet tacos together........."

chefsteban: Yesterday, 06:03 PM

YES!!! I love them! .....and feel it is my obligation to taste every bowl I can ...every place I can before I die  :wub:

you are so funny!!! I have never had a sweet taco..now a sweet tamale yes ..those I have had ...but a sweet taco?  ...enlighten me :smile:

Oh Yummy yum..sweet tamales and a mug of hot mexican chocolate.

I thought I was in trouble when HBK wanted to know about sweet tacos then it came to me.....How about a nice warm corn tortilla filled with picadillo?

"We do not stop playing because we grow old,

we grow old because we stop playing"

"OHMYGOD Hummingbirdkiss!!!! You like posole and Menudo???? I'm in love

Come to me my love....we will make such sweet tacos together........."

chefsteban: Yesterday, 06:03 PM

YES!!! I love them! .....and feel it is my obligation to taste every bowl I can ...every place I can before I die  :wub:

you are so funny!!! I have never had a sweet taco..now a sweet tamale yes ..those I have had ...but a sweet taco?  ...enlighten me :smile:

Oh Yummy yum..sweet tamales and a mug of hot mexican chocolate.

I thought I was in trouble when HBK wanted to know about sweet tacos then it came to me.....How about a nice warm corn tortilla filled with picadillo?

I am at work reading this and thinking of how hungry I am ..yummmmmm

the taco trucks were all around on the way to work the sun was out they had folding chairs in parking lots and I was just thinking about this thread...

why am I always at the bottom and why is everything so high? 

why must there be so little me and so much sky?

Piglet 

• 2 weeks later...
So, would you eat at El Taco?

I finally saw a place on Tustin Ave near Palmyra called El Taco of Orange. Still in the same city but not exactly "just down the street." Is this the place you are talking about? Since it looks like a well-maintained business on a major street I'm guessing that it is not the same place. If so, please let me know. I'm still waiting to check it out.

Porthos Potwatcher
The Once and Future Cook

;

btw, NOLA loves Mexicans, really they do....

http://portlandfood.org/index.php?showtopic=4954

Yeah, really they do. Half the people I know are wild about the new taco trucks. Not to get defensive here, but it's Jefferson Parish, the neighboring, suburban parish, that banned taco trucks, not New Orleans.

Personally, when it comes to taco trucks, I say the shadier the better. I don't like eating in my car, so a little shade is really welcome. Of wait, were we talking about something else. :unsure:

I'm just glad I don't have one of those ten-foot poles. It's allowed me to taste all kinds of surprising and wonderful things in my life.

Todd A. Price aka "TAPrice"

Homepage and writings; A Frolic of My Own (personal blog)

• 3 weeks later...
So, would you eat at El Taco?

I finally saw a place on Tustin Ave near Palmyra called El Taco of Orange. Still in the same city but not exactly "just down the street." Is this the place you are talking about? Since it looks like a well-maintained business on a major street I'm guessing that it is not the same place. If so, please let me know. I'm still waiting to check it out.

Sorry for the slow reply. That's the place alright. I completely forgot about the place since my original post, but apparently one of my friends ate there and lived to tell the tale. Edible, but nothing special. Sadly (as you said,) it's not quite as shady as I remember it either.

Anyways, I'm living with a hive of roaches in La Veta now, so I think my standards have fallen a bit. :raz:

Edited by PurpleDingo99 (log)