• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Mairritze Recipe?

hsm

Friends of mine had a Mairritze at Tinto's in Philadelphia last weekend. They loved it so much they'd like to serve it at their daughter's wedding.

Herein lies the challenge: Tinto's website lists the ingredients as MAIRRITZE: pisco, muddled mint, orange blossom water, orange.

But the menu card in the restaurant read: rum, mint and blood orange juice. It was served in a short glass with lots of ice.

Has anyone had a Mairritze? Or have any idea about how to recreate one? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! (I suggested getting the ingredients and playing around, but in the interest of our livers, I thought some guidance would be wise.)