• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Aloha & Welcome Henry "Hank" Adaniya!

oneidaone

I just read and am anxious to eat at Henry Adaniya's newest venture in Honolulu, Hank's Haute

Dogs! I am sure you all in the Heartland miss him and now we have him! It was a treat to eat a

Vienna Dog at this afternoon's restaurant trade show and enjoy that great green relish and hot peppers! This is to open 7/16 when any of you folks get to Hawaii I'm sure it will be on your list!

I'll report back sometime with the experience! Just thought you all would like to know! A hui hou :smile:

"You can't miss with a ham 'n' egger......"

Ervin D. Williams 9/1/1921 - 6/8/2004

"Hank" Adaniya is one of the coolest dudes in the biz. I can't wait to try his dogs in a few days (my Hawaiian vacation is timed just perfectly). I hope he gets a lot of press...what a great story to tell.

KHON's website has a 4 1/2 minute segment featuring Hank and his authentic Chicago dog...this Chicagoan says it definitely looks like the real deal. Also, if his twice-fried fries are as good in Hawaii as they were at his restaurant in Illinois, you're in for a real treat.

Edited by Pugman (log)

Yep, I'm looking forward to it. I'll probably go later in the week - it takes a lot to get me out of the house and all the way into town! This would be an example! Great you are coming out for a vacation, the weather has been pretty great! A hui hou :biggrin: I miss my "Chicago" food and make the most of my twice yearly trips there.

• 1 month later...

We had another EXCELLENT lunch at Hank's last Friday. Just fabulous. The crunch and pop of the hot dog casing when bitten into evokes so many descriptions, pure joy and delight being the best one. We had a Chili Dog, a Polish and a Chicago Dog with EVERYTHING, 2 orders of onion rings, fries and 3 hibiscus lemonades. DELICIOUS!!!!

The thing about this place is, they make you feel glad you came! Honestly, they make everyone feel welcome and a part of things which so enhances the experience. The other thing is, they are not "trying" they are genuinely nice, completely service oriented and love what they do - this of course follows through into their culture of Aloha. I hope everyone resident and visitor makes their way to 324 Coral Street to enjoy a truly exceptional treat as they continue to delight and welcome old friends and new. They do have a website www.hankshautedogs.com

O.K. so I'm not that technical to put in the link but just go and have a great time! :biggrin::biggrin: A hui hou! I can't wait until the next time!