• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Taking out foreign business partners

Salomon

Hi all,

I need your help: I'm taking out chinese business partners (men and women) and a colleague out for a night in town... but none of them is very open minded about trying new stuff. Just to give you an example, my colleague (he 's a baton rouge kind of guy) looked scared when looking at the pied de cochon menu; it's that bad!

I'd like to take them out to a nice (enough) place either downtown, plateau, main or old montreal area (and treat myself at the same time!). I thought of:

- The Keg (urgh)

- Queue de Cheval

- Pied de Cochon (keeping hopes alive!)

- Moishe's

- Café Ferreira

You guy have any suggestions? Thanks,

What about le mas des oliviers, on Bishop street? It is very nice. Warm and generous atmosphere. Traditional french cooking. Can't go wrong. If you want something that is not on the menu, just ask, it is that kind of place...

Chinese business visitors who are not adventurous? And, you live in Montreal??

Can you say: CHINATOWN????? :huh:

Italian "could" be a good choice. If these guys are from China, they may try French cuisine for the adventure and appearance and "host appeasing", BUT not generally because they love it or even want it. Butter? euchhhh.

Edited by Ben Hong (log)