• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pittsburgh

22tango

We're now living in the 'burgh while my husband is in grad school. We're looking for some recs for interesting and good food to be found in and around Pittsburgh (any price range...it's the food that counts!) THANKS!!

Luscious smell like love

Essential black milk worship

It whispers to me...

...Chocolate

I spent a few drunken weekends in the burgh in college in the late 80's. I remember huge orders of Fries at the "O" in Oakland and the french fries and cole slaw sandwiches at Primanti Bros. Pretty standard tourist fare I'm sure but it was great back then after a night of "Ahruns".

• 2 weeks later...
I spent a few drunken weekends in the burgh in college in the late 80's. I remember huge orders of Fries at the "O" in Oakland and the french fries and cole slaw sandwiches at Primanti Bros. Pretty standard tourist fare I'm sure but it was great back then after a night of "Ahruns".

The standard Pittsburgh two course meal in the 1970s...

"Imp 'n Arn"

Imperial Whiskey and Iron City beer. A round cost about $1.50, as I recall

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo