• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Where to go tonight for a romantic dinner?

vinniecap

Looking for advise on where to go this evening in the NNJ area for a nice, QUIET romantic dinner. I recently got engaged and landed a very nice new job, and would love to celebrate. Any cusine is fine, just looking for something other than the usual suspects.

What about Cafe Matisse in Rutherford? I believe they have a small garden area in the back where you can have dinner.

Anthony David's in Hoboken is kind of casual and romantic.

Lorena's in Maplewood is romantic, but you probably won't get in tonight unless you go early.

Susan

What about Cafe Matisse in Rutherford?  I believe they have a small garden area in the back where you can have dinner. 

Anthony David's in Hoboken is kind of casual and romantic.

Lorena's in Maplewood is romantic, but you probably won't get in tonight unless you go early.

Lorena's is one of our local fav's (we live in South Orange), but they are booked tonight..thanks for the suggestions!