• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

KCJ Vanilla Co. Natural Flavorings

LittleIsland

I haven't seen them before, but looks interesting. A pain, however, doing the whole print a form and fax it rather than straight credit card online.

I'd love to hear if others know about these guys.

Plus - the banana powder looks intriguing. Anyone have suggestions for its use???

-Mark-

---------------------------------------------------------

"If you don't want to use butter, add cream."

Julia Child

• 4 weeks later...
I hadn't heard of them before your post, but I will try them now that I know about them.

Thanks for the heads up.

Eileen

Wonderful, Eileen... would you post back here on how you find their products once you've tried them? I'm still waiting for them to revert with answers to a few questions and they sure are SLOW. But, their products sound good - at least on their website.

• 3 months later...

While reading David Lebovitz's Room for Dessert I found a source for vanilla near to me. I had never heard of them before, surprising because since 2000 and the great flood/inflation of vanilla beans; I have been always trying to track down vanilla beans, good vanilla and the like.

http://www.kcjvanilla.com/

Has anyone used them? I can't believe they have been so close to me and I have not heard of them before. :rolleyes:

While reading David Lebovitz's Room for Dessert I found a source for vanilla near to me. I had never heard of them before, surprising because since 2000 and the great flood/inflation of vanilla beans; I have been always trying to track down vanilla beans, good vanilla and the like.

Has anyone used them? I can't believe they have been so close to me and I have not heard of them before. :rolleyes:

I've looked into them as well, but decided to go with another company. Let us know if you do order from them.

luis

I've looked into them as well, but decided to go with another company. Let us know if you do order from them.

luis

Who did you go with instead?