• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Simpsons Kwik-E-Mart

I have driven by a couple of times now, but anyone gone to the Kwik-E-Mart?  Had squishies? Anything else??

Tri-City News Story

or at CBC:

CBC Story

Sorry, as far as I know there still will be no beer available either....

Brian

We live in Chicago, IL and our friends stopped by today to bring us this:

gallery_8693_309_119965.jpg

Edited by Marmish (log)

FYI, you can also get the Simpsons goodies at all other 7/11s, not just the Kwik-E-Mart (in fact, they were sold out of everything except the Squishees when I went). The Krusty-Os are $3.99 and the Buzz Cola is $6.50 for a 6-pack.

Took my niece there tonight..it was crazy busy with a long line up to get in. We went and got a squishee at another store. It was fun though. The kids will love it.

Edited by demiglace (log)

I think that it is great marketing to be able to 'make fun' of yourself as 7-Eleven is doing here. As a matter of fact, 7-Eleven's various marketing teams have been trying to tie in to the KwikEMart idea for years. KwikEMart/7-Eleven items are going strong on ebaY right now, that's funny! What great advertising for the movie, and 7-Eleven! Vanilla Squishies, though- eh. I miss the Diet Coca Cola Slurpees, myself. The Pepsi flavor tastes treacly and dull on the tongue to me.

More Than Salt

Visit Our Cape Coop Blog

Cure Cutaneous Lymphoma

Join the DarkSide---------------------------> DarkSide Member #006-03-09-06

that's weird, i got my buzz cola for 3.99 per six pack.

I didn't actually buy it, but the guy told my friends it was $6.50 :sad:

Was Apooh there?

There is a comic stand-up Apu behind the counter, and all the workers are wearing the Apu-looking shirts with "Apu Wannabe" on their name tags :biggrin: