• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Le Select Bistro

IndolentAgain

Just a quickie addition ;  the meal was good! Just the beef was really too salty. But yes, this is a common comment I hear about JKWB.

:laugh: jenc, I think you must have meant the mushroom accompaniment to the beef.

JK Wine Bar Set

Still on the look out for the best steak frites, but I think I've given up after tasting horse fat fries and beef that originates outside of what Toronto restaurants may offer.

Does anyone know of any restaurant in the city that either serves or would be up to the challenge of serving those delicious horse fat fries?

More fantastic pictures Renka.

When I was there the cooking was fine but every dish came out with too much salt. I didnt mind as I love salt it but its a black mark as a potential recommendation. Does help with those drinks sales tho !!!! :laugh:

Don't think horsefat fries will take off sadly as there isnt enough about to provide consistency. It may be a special at someplaces tho - keep a look out as it picks up popularity.

WRT best steak... was watching re-runs of Heston Blumenthal's "In search of perfection" series last week and his perfect steak recipe is something I will try - cook for 24 hrs at 50deg as a front forerib and then remove from bone and fry. Looked perfect to me.