• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Kraft to Buy Lu from Danone

SuzySushi

Kraft Foods plans to buy the LU biscuit (cookie) division from France's Groupe Danone. LU products include the Petit Ecolier and Pims lines of chocolate-covered cookies. The purchase will give Kraft a greater European and worldwide base. I hope it also means they will expand distribution of LU cookies in the USA!

Source

SuzySushi

"She sells shiso by the seashore."

My eGullet Foodblog: A Tropical Christmas in the Suburbs

• 2 years later...

First thread I could find on LU's. Walked into the grocery to see a display with LU Petite Madeleine Cookies. And a pad of $1.00 coupons. So, of course, I had to try them. Well, they are plain butter cookies sandwiched with dark chocolate. Not a terrible cookie, but only the shape bears resemblance to a Madeleine. Oh well.

I noticed the Pim's cookies available at Wal-Mart this late summer/fall. My Brit and Euro friends all love them, so I'm going to have to give them a try.

"Life is a combination of magic and pasta." - Frederico Fellini

I wondered if something was afoot with LU, as the Pim, Petit Ecolier, and a few other of their cookies appeared this summer in my rural, southern chain supermarket. Nothing gets on those shelves without payment or other consideration, so I figured that either the distributor changed, or the ownership changed.