• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cape Breton October Wedding

MiFi

My finance and I are planning our wedding for October in Cape Breton and are looking for a reputable caterer. We're specifically interested in local foods - fish cakes, oysters, lamb, etc. for ~100. Any recommendations are welcome, wedding will take place in the Sydney area.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if this will help but one of the more popular caters for weddings in Sydney is Island Caterers. I don't know what their menu includes since the weddings I have been to both included stuffed chicken breast and vegetables.

If you are having the wedding at your own site they are able to go there, I believe.

Depending on your location there may be other choices. I don't know if Joe's warehouse does off site catering but they do have a nice restaurant and good seafood. They also have a fabulous pastry chef who make beautiful cakes. Most churches and local firehalls have ladies auxiliaries that cater. Don't write them off completely as many cook wonderful meals.

I hope this helps. Good Luck!

I don't know if this will help but one of the more popular caters for weddings in Sydney is Island Caterers. I don't know what their menu includes since the weddings I have been to both included stuffed chicken breast and vegetables.

If you are having the wedding at your own site they are able to go there, I believe.

Depending on your location there may be other choices. I don't know if  Joe's warehouse does off site catering but they do have a nice restaurant and good seafood. They also have a fabulous pastry chef who make beautiful cakes. Most churches and local firehalls have ladies auxiliaries that cater.  Don't write them off completely as many cook wonderful meals.

I hope this helps. Good Luck!

Many thanks! Island Caterers actually declined to work with us, not sure if it was because they were too busy or because we were requesting something local/traditional (fish cakes, crab, etc.).