• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Post funeral restaurant

My sister's father-in-law just passed away, and will be buried in Farmingdale, NY (Long Island). She has a lot going on right now, so I'd like to help her find a place nearby that people can go to eat and reminisce after the service, which takes place on Sunday at 11am.

Any recommendations? I think there will be about a couple of dozen people, most of them elderly, so nothing too fancy or noisy.

Thanks for your help.

Karen C.

"Oh, suddenly life’s fun, suddenly there’s a reason to get up in the morning – it’s called bacon!" - Sookie St. James

Travelogue: Ten days in Tuscany

My sister's father-in-law just passed away, and will be buried in Farmingdale, NY (Long Island). She has a lot going on right now, so I'd like to help her find a place nearby that people can go to eat and reminisce after the service, which takes place on Sunday at 11am.

Any recommendations? I think there will be about a couple of dozen people, most of them elderly, so nothing too fancy or noisy.

Thanks for your help.

[/

You can go to the Maine Maid Inn in Jericho. It's a beautiful historic building and they have nice Sunday brunch for $25 with live Jazz music.

Thanks for your help.

[/

You can go to the Maine Maid Inn in Jericho. It's a beautiful historic building and they have nice Sunday brunch for $25 with live Jazz music.

Sorry for the loss. All places below are on or just off Rte. 110 in Farmingdale.

Nothing fancy, quiet, and old people - Rosewood Inn or Black Forest Brew Haus. I've been to both places for lunch a few times and that description sums them both up pretty well.

http://www.blackforestbrewhaus.com/

http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/local...0,1364762.venue

A step up in price and quality.

56th Fighter Group

Cirella's

Maine Maid Inn is a good suggestion, but about 15 minutes away. La Primavera is just south of it and also a good choice on 106 in Hicksville.

Thanks for the recommendations and condolences.

I'll pass them along to my sister. I think the Black Forest Brewhaus sounds like the best bet, but I'll let her make the final decision.

Karen C.

"Oh, suddenly life’s fun, suddenly there’s a reason to get up in the morning – it’s called bacon!" - Sookie St. James

Travelogue: Ten days in Tuscany