• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Helmers

Lima Bean

According to this, they should open in the next month or so. I believe they had been hoping to open this week for July 4th, but hopefully not too much further off. I have noticed more activity there lately....

Christopher

• 6 months later...

Helmers reopened back in August. I haven't gone there since the reopening, but the reviews on Hoboken411, have been from mixed to unkind. Keep in mind that this is a local board (non foodie), and there are plenty of posters that do nothing but stir up trouble. But what I have taken away is that:

- Ownership has changed to another part of the family (and not necessarily for the better)

- Prices are up

- Beer selection is still good.

You can peruse some of the comments and photos here:

http://hoboken411.com/archives/47

I really should go (as I live in town), but the feedback on the reopening put me off, and to be honest, I don't think about that place (or German food), when figuring out where we want to go for dinner.