• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Coffee from Costa Rica

AzianBrewer

I will be in the Pacific side of Costa Rica for some tasty waves next week and compromised with Mrs. that we will check out the butterflies farm and tour a coffee plantation. Are there any smaller coffee planters out there? I know there are some coop farmers but need the farm/plantation name. Any recommendation?

Edited by AzianBrewer (log)

Leave the gun, take the canoli

I will be in the Pacific side of Costa Rica for some tasty waves next week and comprised with Mrs. that we will check out the butterflies farm and tour a coffee plantation.  Are there any smaller coffee planters out there?  I know there are some coop farmers but need the farm/plantation name.  Any recommendation?

Here is a starting point:

http://cupofexcellence.org/CountryPrograms...54/Default.aspx

• 1 month later...

I also suggest visiting:

www.stumptowncoffee.com

Duane and Aleco spend most of the year traveling and visiting farms, and developing relationships with the growers. They source some of the best coffees available and any of their farms are sure to be good places to visit.