• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Qwerty

Working in Europe

29 posts in this topic

Thanks for the info...One thing I hadn't really thought of was working for a large hotel chain, i.e. Four seasons or the Hilton, and transfering to an overseas location. Probably the easiest and "safest" route...."safest", meaning you have a job already and wont get stuck in a foreign country.

Thanks for the info...One thing I hadn't really thought of was working for a large hotel chain, i.e. Four seasons or the Hilton, and transfering to an overseas location.  Probably the easiest and "safest" route...."safest", meaning you have a job already and wont get stuck in a foreign country.

There may be a minimum time you need to work with the company before they will transfer you, like a year. Still, that may be a good plan for the long-term planners.

Thanks for the info...One thing I hadn't really thought of was working for a large hotel chain, i.e. Four seasons or the Hilton, and transfering to an overseas location.  Probably the easiest and "safest" route...."safest", meaning you have a job already and wont get stuck in a foreign country.

There may be a minimum time you need to work with the company before they will transfer you, like a year. Still, that may be a good plan for the long-term planners.

I agree. But a year of work vs. a year or more of trying to go through the proper channels for a work visa, just to get turned down. I'll take the year of work any day.

Hey guys I just feeling curious that if it is possible to get a job as a restaurant Chef in any European country? I have completed a 6 months long diploma on Food And Beverage and I do believe I can work as an assistant chef in any 3 to 4 star hotel or restaurant. So if there is any way or formal procedures then please let me know.

Thanks in advance for your contribution. :smile:

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0