• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Working in Europe

Qwerty

Thanks for the info...One thing I hadn't really thought of was working for a large hotel chain, i.e. Four seasons or the Hilton, and transfering to an overseas location. Probably the easiest and "safest" route...."safest", meaning you have a job already and wont get stuck in a foreign country.

Thanks for the info...One thing I hadn't really thought of was working for a large hotel chain, i.e. Four seasons or the Hilton, and transfering to an overseas location.  Probably the easiest and "safest" route...."safest", meaning you have a job already and wont get stuck in a foreign country.

There may be a minimum time you need to work with the company before they will transfer you, like a year. Still, that may be a good plan for the long-term planners.

Thanks for the info...One thing I hadn't really thought of was working for a large hotel chain, i.e. Four seasons or the Hilton, and transfering to an overseas location.  Probably the easiest and "safest" route...."safest", meaning you have a job already and wont get stuck in a foreign country.

There may be a minimum time you need to work with the company before they will transfer you, like a year. Still, that may be a good plan for the long-term planners.

I agree. But a year of work vs. a year or more of trying to go through the proper channels for a work visa, just to get turned down. I'll take the year of work any day.

• 3 years later...

Hey guys I just feeling curious that if it is possible to get a job as a restaurant Chef in any European country? I have completed a 6 months long diploma on Food And Beverage and I do believe I can work as an assistant chef in any 3 to 4 star hotel or restaurant. So if there is any way or formal procedures then please let me know.

Thanks in advance for your contribution. :smile: