• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

All About Pasta

Craig Camp

Made squid ink pasta for the first time. Very interesting aroma. I wanted to make a sheet of plain pasta rolled with a sheet of squid ink pasta but couldn't find anything on google describing when to roll the two sheets together. So I rolled out one sheet of each until the second to last setting on the pasta roller. I did not use any flour in between rolling so the two sheets would stick together. I had to be careful to keep the sheets roughly the same size and not too wide otherwise the final sheet would be too wide for the machine. Then I placed one sheet on top of the other and rolled them together lightly with a rolling pin. Then I put them through the pasta machine twice on each of the last two settings. They stuck together nicely. I recently purchased a pasta tree (Marcato) from Creativecookware.com. Fantastic thing. There is a plastic piece that you place under the pasta roller to catch the pasta strands. Then the piece fits over the tree making it easy to hang the complete pasta. Here are some pictures.

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0001.jpg