• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Where to go online for kitchen hardware?

Scargo

Please share your favorite all-round online resources. I've found a few online merchants recommended by eGulleters but I am trying to find one or two well-rounded, comprehensive, recommended online resources for my kitchen cooking and baking needs.

Here's my thing.... I have bought kitchen stuff through Amazon (and their myriad of merchants) and knives from a knife specialty place but I dislike buying from so many different places and having UPS and FedEx running up and down my driveway so often; sometimes just to deliver one tiny item.

I am trying to think green and efficient. I would like to do most of my shopping at one (or two) place(s) and have fewer deliveries. Lowered shipping costs are nice but that's not the point. If I want computer parts "NewEgg" consistently has almost everything I could ask for, the prices are good, they almost always have it in stock and they deliver on-time or early. It has always been a pleasant experience and I am totally satisfied with buying computer related products from them. I want the same for cooking tools and accessories from one or two places! Do places like this exist? I'm not sure I've found the right one yet.

I am near New Haven, Connecticut so I buy a lot of things out of New York and the New England area, if I can. And, besides "Bed, Bath and Beyond", I don't know where I can drive to locally and shop.

Banished from Chowhound; I like it just fine on eGullet!

If you`re not big enough to lose, you`re not big enough to win! Try this jalapeno, son. It ain't hot...

Please share your favorite all-round online resources. I've found a few online merchants recommended by eGulleters but I am trying to find one or two well-rounded, comprehensive, recommended online resources for my kitchen cooking and baking needs.

Here's my thing.... I have bought kitchen stuff through Amazon (and their myriad of merchants) and knives from a knife specialty place but I dislike buying from so many different places and having UPS and FedEx running up and down my driveway so often; sometimes just to deliver one tiny item.

I am trying to think green and efficient. I would like to do most of my shopping at one (or two) place(s) and have fewer deliveries. Lowered shipping costs are nice but that's not the point. If I want computer parts "NewEgg" consistently has almost everything I could ask for, the prices are good, they almost always have it in stock and they deliver on-time or early. It has always been a pleasant experience and I am totally satisfied with buying computer related products from them. I want the same for cooking tools and accessories from one or two places! Do places like this exist? I'm not sure I've found the right one yet.

I am near New Haven, Connecticut so I buy a lot of things out of New York and the New England area, if I can. And, besides "Bed, Bath and Beyond", I don't know where I can drive to locally and shop.

As I've noted elsewhere, I default to http://www.cutleryandmore.com/, although it must be said, they don't have EVERYTHING. (Good grips stuff, for example.)

If you have a coupon for it, you don't want it.