• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Looking for dining/pastry tour companion

HQAntithesis

I hope I'm allowed to post this here? :unsure:

-----

Bonjour tout le monde,

Je m'appelle Jonathan Lee et je suis d'Australie. Actuellement, je suis a Perpignan pour etudier mais je vais etre a Paris de 8 Juillet jusqu'a 11 Mercredi (mais je n'ai pas des temps a Mercredi) pour une classe 3 jour a l'ecole Bellouet Conseil. Je voudrais savoir si il y a quelqu'un qui veut me recontre pour diner un soir a un bon restaurant. Aussi, je espere faire un tour de la patisseries de Paris si il y a quelqu'un veut m'accompagne. Attention sil vous plait, je ne parle pas bien la francais donc c'est mieux si vous pouvez parler de l'anglais ou si vous avez la patience.

De Jonathan Lee.

-----

Hi everyone,

My name is Jon Lee and I am from Australia. Currently, I am in Perpignan to study but I am going to be in Paris from the July 8th until Wednesday 11th (but I will be busy on Wednesday) for a 3 day class at the Bellouet Conseil. I would like to know if there is anyone who would like to join me for dinner at a good restaurant. Also, I hope to do a tour of the patisseries in Paris if anyone wishes to accompany me. Please note, I don't speak French well so it is better if you can speak some English or have patience.

From Jonathan Lee.

• 4 months later...

How did your trip turn out? And how was the class at Bellouet?

John DePaula
formerly of DePaula Confections
Hand-crafted artisanal chocolates & gourmet confections - …Because Pleasure Matters…
--------------------
When asked “What are the secrets of good cooking? Escoffier replied, “There are three: butter, butter and butter.”