• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Puck Building on Lafayette

tippingvelvet

for cocktails -- Pegu Club is five blocks away.

for food...anything in NoLIta or SoHo is close by:

Peasant, Public, Tasting Room, Balthazar, F.ROG, 24 Prince, The Park (for a very quick bite), Bread (also quick), Cafe Falai (ditto)....etc.

any specifics on what you're looking for?

Edited by Nathan (log)

Pegu Club. they have a variety of small bites there as well.

but really, there are around 60 restaurants and bars (literally!) within a five block radius of the Puck Building (most of the good ones are east in NoLIta).

a couple SoHo spots (of varying quality) within three blocks of the Puck Building: Lure, Mercer Kitchen, Zoe

I think Nathan's got them all. Tasting Room has some good cocktails as well as food. I was just at Peasant again last week and really enjoyed it. You could hit Death & Co. for cocktails after if you wanted - just a few blocks in the other direction.

Oh, and Freeman's isn't far either, on Rivington off Bowery. Love that Freeman's cocktail (aka Ward 8).

What about Chinatown Brasserie? When I went there during the winter, I had a couple of great cocktails there, and my dim sum items were great!

Michael aka "Pan"