• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Wagyu

Liza

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

I think I read an article sometime in the past in which the author tried cooking wagyu to different degrees of doneness, and found that the more it was cooked, the "better" it was. Does anyone else remember this article? 'Cause I can't remember when or where I saw it, and I don't have time to dig through my files. :sad:

Suzanne, that may be Jeffrey Weingarten - the piece is included in The Man Who Ate Everything. He didn't argue that it just got better and better as it got more and more done, but he definitely came out in favor of cooking it well beyond rare.