• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

"A day at elBulli"

Gabe Q

There is a new elBulli book that just hit the market about a month ago called "Un dia en elbulli". I think right now it is only out in Spanish though. I just had a chance to shuffle through it for like a minute but it definitely looks good.

It is not a cookbook though. It is mostly images, thousands of them, compiled to give an idea of what goes on a whole day at the restaurant, plus outside of it as they go with the drivers to the Barcelona markets and everything.

Right now it is priced at 40 euros here in Spain. Not sure if it is even avilable in the USA though. But I definitely will buy a copy before I leave back in October. Just wondering if anyone owns it yet and what are your opinions?

Gabe, I have the book and it is really cool. Lots of info on day to day running of the el bulli "business". Lots of blurbs and captions, so not a lot to translate. Do you have any info on el bulli 2005 in english? I heard there is a hold up in production. Also, what is the hot topic in the trenches of el bulli? Must be insane to work there with so many talented people. Best of luck, JamesB