• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Inexpensive and Informal In DC

Depending on mobility, Marcel'sis walking distance from Georgetown and a wonderful experience for your splurge. I love that place. Also, La Chaumiere offers very good traditional French in an atmosphere conducive to (but not demanding of) old money.

Unadventurous parents will also appreciate Clyde's of Georgetown. Bistro Francais offers reliable steak-frites type dining. Martin's Tavern isn't bad, either.

Further afield, Dino's offer's non-splurgy Italian and CityZen is my go to splurge shop, assuming that it's just the young and adventurous. Fpr a demi-splurge, sit at the bar and get the $50 three-course menu. Best deal in town.

Edited by Busboy (log)

I'm on the pavement

Thinking about the government.