• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

? about Sullivan U in KY for chef school

zoe b

I asked this in the Southern forum, but I think it will get more answers here.

My hub's grandson just enrolled at this school. I'm wondering if it's worthwhile--I question the fact that he just walked in and they signed him up, helped him apply for Pell grants, and now he's got a quite large student loan for the remainder of his tuition.

he's a kid who never liked school and never had any idea about what he wanted to do in life. Now he's working in a restaurant and loves it, and is finally interested in something.

So this could be a vey good move--I hope it is--I just wish he had come East and enrolled at our local community college--much much cheaper, and at least i know that they do a decent job at training kids.

Any opinions?

Zoe

Only time will tell, but re-evaluate at the end of every term to guage his interest, ant the costs involved. As mentioned in other threads here, there are other alternatives.