• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Best bets within 10-15 minutes of Sea-Tac airport?

If this has been discussed elsewhere, I'd love a link as I couldn't find anything in my search.

Family flying in with an overnight by Sea-Tac airport, and they're looking for good eats the shortest possible distance away. Any recommendations that are less expensive than 13 Coins?

[Edit: Turns out they're staying at the Embassy Suites on West Valley Highway, near Southcenter. Recommendations closer to there would be appreciated.]

Thanks!

Edited by dimsumfan (log)

Spencer's in the SeaTac Hilton is much better than 13 Coins, though not necessarily cheaper. Filiberto's on Des Moines Memorial Dr is great for red-sauce Italian. Burien has some good options including Elliot Bay Brewpub.

Most women don't seem to know how much flour to use so it gets so thick you have to chop it off the plate with a knife and it tastes like wallpaper paste....Just why cream sauce is bitched up so often is an all-time mytery to me, because it's so easy to make and can be used as the basis for such a variety of really delicious food.

- Victor Bergeron, Trader Vic's Book of Food & Drink, 1946

Given the West Valley Hwy location, Renton probably makes the most sense....

- Naan n'Curry for good Indian/Pakistani food

- Red House for small plates plus great wine/beer selection

- Imperial Garden for Chinese

- Melrose Grill for steaks

- Bai Tong for Thai (near Southcenter)

Most women don't seem to know how much flour to use so it gets so thick you have to chop it off the plate with a knife and it tastes like wallpaper paste....Just why cream sauce is bitched up so often is an all-time mytery to me, because it's so easy to make and can be used as the basis for such a variety of really delicious food.

- Victor Bergeron, Trader Vic's Book of Food & Drink, 1946