• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chengdu 1

rooftop1000

Just wanted to let everyone know that Chengdu One has redecorated. Some time ago they put up new wallpaper but more recently they got pretty and new wooden chairs. I was there picking up take out for my sick hubby when I noticed the change. The place looks beautiful.

• 2 weeks later...

I eat here continually; lunch specials (weekends) a steal (mapo tofu on it); owner customer focused, affable - family run; food an inspiration...

Hands down on of the best restaurants in the Montclair area (in a niche, if not the best).

~waves

"When you look at the face of the bear, you see the monumental indifference of nature. . . . You see a half-disguised interest in just one thing: food."

Werner Herzog; NPR interview about his documentary "Grizzly Man"...

Just wanted to let everyone know that Chengdu One has redecorated. Some time ago they put up new wallpaper but more recently they got pretty and new wooden chairs. I was there picking up take out for my sick hubby when I noticed the change. The place looks beautiful.

Separate of the new chairs being wooden and pretty, they're FAR more comfortable than the old ones!

Had another delicious dinner last night. Sometimes I think the hot and spicy prawns actually CALL me. :laugh:

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

Do prawns speak? I didn't know that. Perhaps they will be calling my name soon. The hubby has a dinner meeting tonight so I will be solo. Very interesting.

Don't even think about it....unless of course you are willing to go back soon so I can have prawns too.

President

Les Marmitons-NJ

Johnson and Wales

Class of '85

Mmmapo fish

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association