• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bruschetta

johnjohn

Looking for bruschetta topping ideas that don't involve tomato, goat cheese, red peppers, or feta cheese. I would love an idea that incorporates hummus or prosciutto. Nothing that is hot or needs to be cooked. Open to all suggestions. Thanks.

Some ideas:

- brandade (puree of salt cod, potato, cream, olive oil and garlic)

- lightly crushed chick peas tossed with olive oil, lemon juice, raw garlic, mint, sea salt, red pepper flakes

- cannellini, finely diced red onion, tuna canned in olive oil, parsley

--

With Hummus:

-Sauteed chicken livers in butter, salt and pepper.

-Browned meat mixture of: Hamburger, onions, pine nuts salt pepper and cinnamon.

-Pulled pork

-Slices of any kind of sour pickles.

-Parsley and a drizzle of olive oil

-A relatively dry Tabouli

- Pico de gallo also dry.

I do a tuna sashimi bruschetta that my friends seem to like alot but it's got some tomatos in it.

Small cubes of raw tuna, halved cherry tomatos, tossed in ponzu sauce (or soy w/ a little sugar and water), little bit of sirachi hot sauce and sesame oil and a light squeze of citrus of your choice, chopped chive or green onion. Be sure to rub that toasted bread w/ a cut piece of garlic. The garlic aroma really sets it off.