• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Philly restaurants for a bridal shower

txaggie

I'm helping plan a bridal shower for a good friend who lives in Philly. The shower will be on a Saturday afternoon in September, and there should only be 15-20 ladies at this bridal shower.

I'm looking for a fun, modern space with good food and drinks. So far, I've contacted people at Swanky Bubbles, Bistro St. Tropez, and Rae Restaurant.

Any other suggestions would be great as I'm trying to avoid going with the other option (preferred by the other bridesmaids) - a room at a hotel with hotel catering.

I know there are a ton of cool places in Philly, but I'm at a loss as to where to find them and who to contact next.

any stephen starr place would qualify as cool.

http://www.starr-restaurant.com/

Of the Starr places, I'd recommend the Continental Midtown for something like this. They have a bunch of big round tables in the middle of the dining room that may be perfect for a group this size, and the space is fun. The food is decent, too.

Edited by Buckethead (log)