• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Ebb & Flow hours?

Anyone know when Ebb & Flow opens for dinner? I swear it used to open at 5pm, but it's not anymore. I can't find any up to date information on the web (even their phone number is listed wrong). I really want a good burger for dinner tonight in Wallingford (where I live without a car). Blue Star's burgers are OK, but $15 (including tip & tax) is way overpriced for what they serve.

"Homer, he's out of control. He gave me a bad review. So my friend put a horse head on the bed. He ate the head and gave it a bad review! True Story." Luigi, The Simpsons

Have you been to Leny's in Tangletown?

Rocky

I haven't. I'll see what i can find on the web. Thanks.

"Homer, he's out of control. He gave me a bad review. So my friend put a horse head on the bed. He ate the head and gave it a bad review! True Story." Luigi, The Simpsons

Good question. After having a great breakfast (fantastic potatoes) before the annual Tilth Garden sale in May, we went by the Ebb & Flow the past two Sundays hoping for a repeat, but to no avail. They were closed both days. I am beginning to wonder if the Ebb 'n Flow has Ebbed & Flown? There is only a "CLOSED" sign on the door - but no other information.

Edited by pupcart (log)

Ebb & Flow's phone number is disconnected. Not a good sign. I am guessing the rent must be too high, which means I expect in the next year everything on the block to be torn down and a condo to arise in it's place (with a lot of empty, over priced retail space).

It's too bad, I thought the food at E&F was always good and Saturday and Sundays the place was always packed. Though I often tried, I never was able to go there for dinner.

(Semi-related: I was eating dinner at The Wallingford Pizza House the other night and heard the owner say he wasn't sure if he was going to renew his lease (I am assuming it is going up). The Wallingford Pizza House is smack dab between the two screens of the Guild 45th, and across the street from Ebb & Flow, and is often packed by movie comers and goers. I fear there are too many changes for the worse coming to Wallingford. I am beginning to wish I moved to Ballard.)

(Semi-related:  I was eating dinner at The Wallingford Pizza House the other night and heard the owner say he wasn't sure if he was going to renew his lease (I am assuming it is going up).  The Wallingford Pizza House is smack dab between the two screens of the Guild 45th, and across the street from Ebb & Flow, and is often packed by movie comers and goers.  I fear there are too many changes for the worse coming to Wallingford.  I am beginning to wish I moved to Ballard.)

That would be a shame of WPH left. It has been over a year since I've been there but an ex and I used to go there all the time. Fond memories and excellent food. The Full-On is such a great pizza.

I fear there are too many changes for the worse coming to Wallingford.  I am beginning to wish I moved to Ballard.)

Have you been to Ballard lately? Seen all the 5 or 6 story condos going up? Townhouses squeezing out the old houses?

I fear there are too many changes for the worse coming to Wallingford.  I am beginning to wish I moved to Ballard.)

Have you been to Ballard lately? Seen all the 5 or 6 story condos going up? Townhouses squeezing out the old houses?

True, but except for Denny's they seem to be leaving the restaurants alone.