• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

In need of a whisk attachment

SheenaGreena

I know that you can buy certain add ons to the kitchenaid stand mixer like a sausage maker, pasta maker, etc etc.

However I desperately need a whisk attachment. My boyfriend's mother gave me the mixer (its probably 30 years old) complete with the bowl, dough hook, the paddle mixer "thingy", but no whisk. Sadly she passed away a year ago and the whisk is nowhere to be found in her house. Is there a way I can purchase one or do I have to buy a brand new mixer altogether?

BEARS, BEETS, BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

Kitchen Aid sells parts and accessories direct; check their website or give them a call.

I've purchased extra mixer bowls (pristine "factory reconditioned") for about 1/3 the price of new bowls retail.

The whisk on my 35 or 40-year old Kitchen Aid mixer broke and I bought a shiny new one from Kitchen Aid that fits perfectly! Did it online, too. They ask the model number and you get the correct whisk. You can probably get any other attachments (e.g. pasta rollers) from them as well.

Kitchenaid is probably the only company left in the world who does not give their phone support reps a knowledgebase full of pre-scripted responses to parrot back at their customers. Call them, tell them what you want, and if it exists, they will get it to you.

thanks for all the great replies everyone. I was worried that I would have to buy something off of ebay (really did not want to do this) or buy a brand new unit altogether. Its nice to know that I can call up kitchen aid and they mail me a whisk for a small amount of money

BEARS, BEETS, BATTLESTAR GALACTICA