• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pizza

waylman

Went by both Verace and Farina, both doing great work. Verace is a little pricer but licensed, a big space including patio, with a wood burning oven and a D.O.C. margherita on offer(!!). Also calzones w/side salad in the 13-15 range for lunch, not bad at all. Farina is a little more casual and a couple bucks lighter (12 for a margherita), a little less traditional (not that I mind), gas(?) oven, pizzas slightly larger and sliced into wedges in a more New World style, doing a brisk to-go business. They also have cute take-home items like herbed oil, cans of anchovies, and jars of their tomato sauce, all reasonably priced. I'll probably go back to score one of their 900g tins of anchovies so I can declare September "Anchovy Month" and die of salt intake.

• 1 month later...

Bibo is better - and mostly great. Pay the extra $10 and get the premium cheese/toppings. Wow factor of 10/10. Cheaper pizza are good. Still looking for something green and crisp to contrast with the brilliant pizza. Right now it is my go-to-place for a quick in and out pizza. Want to be able to linger for a few hours in the atmosphere.

Novo - pizza crust and pizza sauce are off the meter good. Like sitting in a 100 year old pizzeria in NYC good. Toppings are improving everyday. But best of all is the 'other factor'. Nice selection of great menu items (antipasto platter is 10/10) with the wine program being the best of all the new pizza joints.

Chef/Owner/Teacher