• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Indian cooking dvds

Howdy!

Thought this summer I might try to cook along to a video or two. I prefer videos that talk more about technique and less about the recipe. Cause I've got recipes, zillions of them. Like, close-ups of perfectly browned spices and ghee and onions. Any leads?

• 2 weeks later...
Howdy!

Thought this summer I might try to cook along to a video or two.  I prefer videos that talk more about technique and less about the recipe.  Cause I've got recipes, zillions of them.  Like, close-ups of perfectly browned spices and ghee and onions.  Any leads?

I wish I knew as there is an extensive series of DVDs on Indian cooking. I have yet to try them.

You might enjoy Indian home cooking with Manjula Jain. She has 29 short YouTube videos here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Manjulaskitchen

thanks for the helpful suggestions. I've watched a few now and have a better idea what I'm doing. I'm not a creative cook in the least - I just follow directions - so it can be hard to figure out when a dish is at the right stage. Seeing someone else do it helps a lot.