• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Veggie Friendly Upscale Resto?

rubyred

I want to take some friends out someplace good but one of them is a total veggie. The guy won't even touch fish. Does anyone know of a nice place - I'm hoping for Old Mtl - that will accomodate the dude?

Thanks!

I don't think it is old montreal but we love Chu Chai, all vegetarian Thai food on St Denis...

�As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy, and to make plans.� - Ernest Hemingway, in �A Moveable Feast�

Brooklyn, NY, USA

You can do veg at Chez L'Epicier, although you only get one veggie main.

It upscale and it's in Old Montreal.

http://www.chezlepicier.com/

Thanks for the recommendation, Snackhappy! I've been meaning to eat at Chez L'Epicier; I always pass it on the way from the parking lot to Le Club Chasse Et Peche!

My veggie friend really enjoyed his meal - tho I forget what it was right now... They 'made it up' on the spot because the yummy-sounding menu on their website is out of date and the new one does not feature a vegetarian dish.

I liked the look of the menu that's on their website right now. The new one not so much.

The food was good and we enjoyed good, moderately priced wine, and reasonable service, but I feel very fortunate to have had the benefit of extremely good company!

I guess a mixed review, but perfect for my particular situation. Yay for me!