• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Donkey's Place in Medford

CoolPapaBell

As I approach my annual South Jersey grubfest, I want to try Donkey’s Place. Not only will the Medford location be closer, but I may bring the family and I’m very confident it will be a safer option. Is the Medford location just as good?

Nobody eats at that restaurant anymore. It's always too crowded.

---Yogi Berra

As I approach my annual South Jersey grubfest, I want to try Donkey’s Place.  Not only will the Medford location be closer, but I may bring the family and I’m very confident it will be a safer option.  Is the Medford location just as good?

Where in medford?

As I approach my annual South Jersey grubfest, I want to try Donkey’s Place.  Not only will the Medford location be closer, but I may bring the family and I’m very confident it will be a safer option.  Is the Medford location just as good?

Where in medford?

Most of the South Jersey recs seem to be in the PA forum since it's metro Philly, but I figured the Jersey forum is the safer one to post in order avoid protest of the wrong forum.

I'd guess 15 miles east of Philly. http://www.medfordnj.com/

---Yogi Berra

Where in medford?

Most of the South Jersey recs seem to be in the PA forum since it's metro Philly, but I figured the Jersey forum is the safer one to post in order avoid protest of the wrong forum.

I'd guess 15 miles east of Philly. http://www.medfordnj.com/

I live in NJ, but mostly pay attention to the PA forum. I am wondering where in medford donkys place is opening. I have not noticed it yet.

Donkey’s Place is definitely opened. Unfortunately I saw it on my last night there last year AFTER I ate. If you coming from the west, pass my alma mater Cherokee then King’s Grant. It’s barely over the Medford/Marlton border on the right-hand side. It’s a small shopping center I believe. There is a 7-11 there.

Doh, I thought you said where *is* Medford. My bad. Old age.

I guess I’ve piqued my own curiosity more. I will likely have the answer in early July.

Donkey's Place Too

7 Tomlinson Mill Road

Medford, NJ 08055-3480

Phone: (856) 810-0445

Edited by CoolPapaBell (log)

---Yogi Berra

• 4 weeks later...

I stand corrected. It’s not in the same shopping center as a 7-11, though near one. In fact, the shopping center is homage to Camden I guess, as next to it is Leo’s Famous Yum Yum. I had not heard the term “Yum Yum” for water ice since the days I safely played in the streets of East Camden.

Anyhoo, not having been to the original Donkey’s, I can’t answer my own question. But I ordered the cheesesteak with double meat. Even for my fat self, the meat was more than plentiful. It was sliced as thick as any cheesesteak I’ve had and in fact the pieces were also chopped larger than most. Although the steak was a bit overcooked, it was pretty good, but not one I’m rushing back to.

So far, the Marlton Lee’s Hoagie House is the best cheesesteak I’ve had on this trip.

I will say the Donkey’s fries were excellent and my oldest son, well versed in burgers, said he thought Donkey’s was in a three way tie with White House Subs and Oak Street Café in Roswell, GA as the best burger he’s ever had. I grabbed a bit and wouldn’t put Donkey’s up with those two.

BTW, I had the White House Special, so they wouldn’t be included in the above proclamation regarding Lee’s Hoagie House.

---Yogi Berra