• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Limited/Special Edition Sodas

Toliver

In May of 2007, Sierra Mist introduced "Sierra Mist Lemon Squeeze", their regular soda with an extra added "squeeze of lemon". This special mix will only be available through September.

Pepsi (who owns Sierra Mist) has introduced "Pepsi "Summer Mix". Its regular Pepsi with "a mix of tropical fruit flavors". This special edition flavor is only supposed to be available until the end of July 2007.

Is this a new version of test marketing? If the flavor sells well enough, will it become a permanent product?

Is this a welcome trend?

I've bought a 2 liter of the Pepsi Summer Mix but won't be cracking it open until next weekend so I'll have to wait to give feedback on it.

Has anyone tried the new flavor of either soda?

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

Have yet to hear (until now, thank you very much :0) ) about this!

I am particularly interested in your thoughts (or the thoughts/opinions from other tasters) on the Pepsi summer mix flavor. Please let me know.

Does this come in diet? Or just regular?

I haven't seen these in Chicago yet...dammit!

"One Hundred Years From Now It Will Not Matter What My Bank Account Was, What Kind of House I lived in, or What Kind of Car I Drove, But the World May Be A Better Place Because I Was Important in the Life of A Child."

LIFES PHILOSOPHY: Love, Live, Laugh

hmmm - as it appears if you are eating good food with the ones you love you will be living life to its fullest, surely laughing and smiling throughout!!!

Does this come in diet? Or just regular?

I haven't seen these in Chicago yet...dammit!

Regarding the Pepsi Summer Mix, I looked for a diet version right away but didn't find one. :angry:

I never drink regular sugar-based sodas but figured I would make an exception this time...what with taking one for the team and all. That's one reason why I am waiting for the weekend to try it...in case the sugar and caffeine rush overwhlem me. :laugh:

I do not like the Diet Sierra Mist (Sonic uses it in their Diet Cherry Limeades and I think it tastes ghastly) so I didn't think to look for a Diet Sierra Mist Lemon Squeeze. I'll take a look next time I'm in the grocery store.

Tim Oliver

I tried the Pepsi Summer Mix this weekend. Thankfully, I didn't end up bouncing off the walls.

First off, as a diet Pepsi drinker, the regular soda was quite sweet to my palate.

As for the flavor, I thought it was okay. It reminded me quite a bit of the Sprite Tropical soda that came out (and disappeared) about a year ago.

The odd thing about this Pepsi Summer Mix is that the Pepsi Cola flavor seems to be completely missing. Where other flavors (Lemon Pepsi, Lime Pepsi, etc) still taste like Pepsi, I thought in this mix the cola flavor was totally MIA.

Has anyone else tried it?

Tim Oliver

I saw it when I was down in the States last month, but honestly, it scared me.

I couldn't figure out how the flavours would work with the cola flavour - I guess they don't. Thanks for taking one for the team.

Me and Husband bought one to try it a couple weeks ago... We didn't really like it- a little too sweet and a bit odd. But lol, we both agreed it tasted like liquid skittles (taste the rainbow!!).

recently bought some Diet Pepsi - MAX invigorating cola.....

tasted similar to regular diet pepsi ingrediant list included Panax Ginseng extract.

Does it also have more caffeine than the regular Diet Pepsi?

Tim Oliver