• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Canned Premium Grain Belt

Mr. Delicious

Now I know this beer is far from new but until recently it was only available in bottles locally. I had it canned yesterday and the blueberry flavor was amazing, nothing like it is bottled. In my opinion the best bargain beer, not to mention its probably the most local beer available (New Ulm Minnesota). Drank way to many last night on the canoe.

Edited by Mr. Delicious (log)

Now I know this beer is far from new but until recently it was only available in bottles locally.  I had it canned yesterday and the blueberry flavor was amazing, nothing like it is bottled.  In my opinion the best bargain beer, not to mention its probably the most local beer available (New Ulm Minnesota).  Drank way to many last night on the canoe.

Mr. D,

Local? They sold Grain Belt Premium in Point Barrow, Alaska in 1963. Unfortunately, the Captain of our ship had phoned ahead and warned them not to satisfy any thirsty sailors.

Grain Belt Premium, "Been a long time a'brewing."

Tim

Now I know this beer is far from new but until recently it was only available in bottles locally.  I had it canned yesterday and the blueberry flavor was amazing, nothing like it is bottled.  In my opinion the best bargain beer, not to mention its probably the most local beer available (New Ulm Minnesota).  Drank way to many last night on the canoe.

Been some time since I've had a Grain Belt, too many beers out there to drink. :laugh: Not that I consider THAT a problem. But my impressions at the time were that it made an excellent 'lawnmower' beer, if I remember correctly. Now I'll have to go out and buy some and refresh my impression... I don't expressly remember blueberry.

My wife thinks it's low brow when I buy canned beer for some reason though? It's not like I crush 'em against my forehead.