• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pasion

rockhopper

Bad news for ceviche fans. Pasion has closed.

'Tis true. Heard it tonight from a reliable source. Pasion es no mas. :sad:

Pasion will always hold a special place in my heart. I worked there soon after they opened as Office Manager, helping with coding the invoices, accounts payable, payroll. administrative tasks, etc. Michael and Guillermo remain to this day, high on my list of favorite ex-bosses.

A chain steak house will replace it.

Read the article more carefully. The steakhouse is going into the Packard Building at 15th & Chestnut up the block.

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

Will !Pasion re-open at another location?

Any word on what Michael and Guillermo will do next?

Will they stay in PHL?

For me it was the scene of at least one Valentine's Day and several birthdays, not to mention great meals on no occasion at all

... and a chance to introduce my children (pre-teen then) to the joys of ceviche

... I'll miss it, but the memories will last a lifetime

... as will two autographed copies of that wonderful, personal cookbook

Regards,

JasonZ

Edited by JasonZ (log)

JasonZ

Philadelphia, PA, USA and Sandwich, Kent, UK

Guillermo left months ago. He moved to Cuba Libre and, I believe, he is still there.

Pasion has been in a bit of a decline for awhile. My last visit there was a few months back. The gf's parents were in town and her dad loves ceviche. While the food was almost great, the service was somewhat lacking and the food wasn't quite that same James Beard award winning food that was served for the past few years. The ceviches were still awesome though.

-- Alec

Will !Pasion re-open at another location?

Doubt it.

Any word on what Michael and Guillermo will do next?

They may have discontinued their partnership. I hear there are lawsuits pending.

Herb aka "herbacidal"

Tom is not my friend.

When they opened for what I believe was their second night in business my wife and I happened to be walking by and decided to have dinner at Passion. We just looked at a menu and decided to walk in. At the time no one was making fresh ceviche like that around here, and having enjoyed Ceviche in south america we were thrilled to find it locally. We made it several more times before it became a very hot ticket, and we enjoyed the simple seafood flavors. We were back several times over the years, but it was never like the begining just walking in and sitting at the couter and having ceviche and wine.